Thursday, April 16, 2009

Book Covers




You know what irks me?...




When on the covers of books, the author's name is larger than the title of the book, or comes before the title of the book.



I don't know why. It just find it really annoying and narcissistic. I get that the author wants to be adknowledeged for his/her work, but come on. I care more about the title of the book than who wrote it (unless Lemony Snicket wrote it, although that still doesn't make putting the author's name 12 times larger than the title ok...). Then again, usually other people create the covers for the book, not the author. Even so, every time I see a book with the author's name taking up half the cover, I immediately think of some extremly vain person, and refuse to even pick up the book.

This book (pictured above) is a perfect example of what I'm talking about...Not only does it look ugly, but it just screams "HEY Look At Meee!!! I'm SUCH A Freakin' Literary GENIUS!! Read This Book!!" Noooo. Just don't do it people! Just don't.


*PS. No offense to any fans of this book, or the author. I was simply using it as an example. I'm not judging a book by it's cover (I haven't even heard of this book). I'm just stating an opinion here.

So, yea...That was your Angry Book Nerd Rant of the day! Brought to you by: The Great Overlord Misstress Candeseamo!


(See what I did there? :D)

Yeah ...Ok, I'm done. G'day.

~"From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

3 comments:

  1. you update alot more than i do and i updated

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall tell you. The reason I was typing to the right instead of the left was because I felt like it.

    ReplyDelete