Saturday, March 14, 2009

Worn-Out Jeans

A good friend is like your favorite pair of jeans. You know, the ones with the patched up holes from being worn too many times. But you still love them because they fit so nicely and they're old and reliable. Or at lest thats how I imagine a good friend is. I've never really had a "best friend" or really any friends at all. The people I consider friends now are really just the people I hang out with at lunch. I used to have a friend whom, I considered somewhat close, but she moved to Kansas (recently she moved back to Texas, but father north from me). We would still talk through e-mail & IM, and once she visited. We went to go see "Iron Man" (good movie might I add). She had changed quite a lot, but not really. It was like she was still the friend I remembered, but somehow diffrent. When we went to the movies I wore the shirt she bought me for christmas. I pointed to my shirt and the conversation went as followed:

Her: "oh, nice shirt."
Me (shocked) :"This is the shirt you bought me!"
Her: "oh, I did??"
Me: "For christmas, remember??"
Her: "oh..."

I gotta say, it kinda hurt that she didn't remember. I was going to ask about my bracelet that I gave her before she moved away(that she was not wearing), but I decided not too. I don't think I wanted to know the answer (ie: "What bracelet??") .

We've kinda lost contact... Haven't e-mailed each other in while (maybe she forgot).

Anywhose, I'm about to go eat a really, really late breakfast. G'day....


~"A friendship that can be ended didn't ever start."- Mellin de Saint-Gelais, Oeuvres poétiques

No comments:

Post a Comment